The first Church was built in 1939, constructed of logs and later stuccoed. Men got together to haul the logs and build the church. Fred Budreau, now deceased, was the main carpenter. No wages were paid. The first priest assignÂed here was Father Gauthier in 1939. Due to a heart conÂdition he left to be replaced by Father Roy in 1962. Father Roy was transferred to Saddle Lake and Father Le Grange came in 1974. Fishing Lake now has a beautiful new Church which was completed in 1969. It took ten years to make this a reality.