In the beginning there was no school so the children had to attend Martin School in the country, by way of a horse- drawn, covered wagon driven by Tom Womacks. Then for a time they had to walk (very good exercise). Later school was held in the community hall, with the first teacher being Harold White. It was used as one room and later divided and used as two rooms. They also had school in the Legion House for a time so as to have a third room. In the 1940's it was decided to centralize the schools and it was then that the school was moved to its present site by moving school buildings in from the country and using portable classrooms. Now it has been enlarged and improved until it has become a school with grade 12 and other special evening classes.